6.09.2006

Day 5:

Results:
Canterbury (Live Poker): $188.00
Last night I headed to Canterbury again to play some more live poker, when I arrived I was unsure what limits I was going to play but I had been on a pretty good streak at the loose $8/16 games recently so I decided to sit there and then check out some of the other games. I walked past the $15/30 table and it looked like there was some decent money on the table and I decided I would take a shot with $500 since I had been running so hot recently. I had to wait about an hour and I ended up about just short of $50 at my first $8/16 table, nothing too eventful except when I flopped a set of 4's from late position against KQ on a KQ4 rainbow board.

After I moved to $15/30 I was card dead for about the first hour at the table before I found QQ. Flop was K high and I made a continuation bet, one caller and the turn was an A and he bet into me. I folded and he showed AK. A couple rounds later I found KK in the blind and the flop was 567 rainbow, I bet out, got raised and the button cold called. I peeled another off to see where I stood, the turn was a 4, I check, got a bet, and cold caller also called so I mucked. River was a K and they checked it down, initial raiser had 2 pair, cold caller had 23 for the low end of the straight, haha great play. Most of the night I hovered around $300-400 down until I get AA and it held up, followed by a limp with 33 on 3AA flop. Turn was a K, and no one raised preflop so I thought I was still good and was able to get 3 bets in 3 way, praying that I dont see another K. River was a 4 which seemed like a pretty good blank so I bet out, got called in both places again and scooped the $400+ pot. Had QQ again a few hands later which also held up and I walked away up just short of $140 from the $15/30 table in about 4-5 hours of play, so pretty close to breakeven for the limits. I probably won't be playing $15/30 often but I thought I had been hot recently and just had a couple big wins so I would take a shot, the level of play was nothing exceptional, and I think I was at a tighter table than they usually are there. The only thing holding me back would be my bankroll but I hope to play there regularly eventually.

Daily Total: +$188.00

Overall: +$2,248.14
Needed: 7,751.86
Progress: 22.48%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home