6.07.2006

Day 3:

Results:
Online (Pokerstars): $1265.24
Yesterday I had a big day cashing in quite a few tournaments late, at one point I had just finished 4th in one event, and at the same time I was 3rd of 11 in another event (18 pay), 6 of 36 in another (16 pay), and 9 of 55 in another (45 pay). Here is a breakdown of how my tournament places went:

$20 180-Person Sit and Go - 4th Place - $288.00
I got a pretty decent stack early in this tournament and just coasted for quite a while, had a couple really important hands that went my way. Top 18 paid, and when there was 20 left I looked down to find KK. I raise and get it just short of all in against A7, flop came A73, turn was a K, and I get almost doubled up. Early on in the money I get KK all in against 77 and AJ, flop came J high, turn came a 7, and river came a K to almost triple me up and coast me into the final table. Once at the final table I didn't find a hand until there was about 7 or 8 people left and I look down at JJ in early position. I make a standard 3x BB raise, and a guy behind me with a bigger stack triples my raise. I think about it and figure that the only hand I am beating is 10-10 and in a coinflip with AK, AQs, so I fold. He shows 10-10, ah well thats poker. A few hands later I find JJ again in late position, early position makes a small raise, short stack behind him shoves, and I shove behind him to isolate. Initial raise thinks and folds 10-10, I get headsup against 88, and flop my J. A little bit later I find JJ again and get it all in against 77, 7 on the flop, and I get that beautiful J on the river. Following hand I put a shorter stack all in with A-10 and he has AK and I double him up. I get blinded for a little while, not seeing any facecards and finally shove UTG with 55 with 4 people left. Button calls with 88 and the I'm out in fourth place good for $288.

$20 Pot Limit Event - 1st of 135 - $810.00
In this tournament I was was way behind as we were approaching the money and just barely holding on by stealing blinds. At one point I get J9 all in against KJ on a J high flop, and I was able to turn the 9 to stay alive. A few hands later I find JJ and I cold-call an early position raise. Flop comes out 33K, he checks, I check. Turn is a 10, he checks, I check. River is a J, he checks, I bet a little less than half pot, he reraises and I call. he had AQ for the river straight but my fullhouse is good. I was now in top 5 with about 20 left, top 18 paid, so I just played aggressively to pick up blinds as people tried to sneak into the money. Nothing too eventful except getting JJ all in against AQ again and being able to hold up with final 2 tables. At final table, the big hand came when I was chipleader with 4 left and find AQ, I had about 80k, everyone else had 40k. UTG raises, I shove over the top, BB cold calls with KK, UTG has A-10. All blanks until the glorious river A and I knock out both guys and am headsup with 200k vs 35k. Pretty early on I find QQ and get it all in against the guys A9 spades. 2 spades on flop, A on turn and I am down to about 120k vs 80k. He won a couple hands and we are almost dead even when I find AJs, I raise a little, he reraises (I had been raising him a lot), and I push, he calls with K6 off and the board is blanks to take down 1st place for $810.00.

$20 No Limit Event - 18th of 442 - $97.24
In this tournament I went on a rush at about the 2 hour mark finding AA and KK about 3 times and building a really nice stack with about 110 left. Top 45 paid and I basically just coasted into the money as I was concentrating on my other tournaments finishing (I was at shorthanded play in both of them). I wish I could have been more active in this tournament but obviously my attention was elsewhere when I was at two other final tables. Made the final 2 tables in this event with a pretty short stack and raised 55 on the button, one of the blinds had AA and tourney was over in 18th for about $100.

$3 Rebuy into Sunday $1,000,000 Guaranteed - $215 Seat into Event
I really like to play this event, as the play is very subpar due to the cheap buyin, and it seems to be some of the easiest money on the net. I didn't rebuy once, only purchasing an add-on at first break. I was able to double up early with AA and AK and was basically just in cruise control the whole event as once again I was deep in my other tourneys. Had some big showdowns when there was about 20-40 people left, as top 16 gave seats into the event. When we hit about 18 people I still didnt have a big enough stack to sit and coast in so I played aggressively as everyone else had tightened up enormously trying to coast into the money and I was able to more than double up stealing blinds without any resistance. Made it into the money and won my 3rd seat of the week into this event.

Cash Games/Other:
I played several other tournaments and never really got anything going, one memorable hand was when it was folded around to just the blinds in one of my tournament. I find AJ suited and just shove all in for over 35 BB's just as a steal. Big blind thinks for a while and calls with 89 off!!! How do you make that call for your stack? J high flop and he rivers the straight, oh well thanks for trying! Cash games were pretty slow, I think I made about $30 at the 1/2 shorthanded turbo tables but overall a very good day.

Daily Total: +$1265.24

Overall: +$1719.39
Needed: $8,280.61
Progress: 17.19%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home